1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. This Giveaway is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Matt Said it Would” Umbrella Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable by winner. Giveaway is offered only to Indiana and Ohio residents who reside within the counties of Allen, Whitley, Noble, DeKalb Steuben, Wabash, Huntington, Well, Adams, Jay, Paulding and Van Wert, located within the Fort Wayne Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services. Employees of WPTA-TV License, LLS, WPTA Television, Inc., Quincy Media, Inc., Quincy Broadcasting Company, Quincy Newspapers, Inc.,and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), any other media company, members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Giveaway or reproduce or distribute any portion of these official rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these official rules are not followed. Internet access is necessary in order to enter the Giveaway.
3. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these official rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. The Giveaway Entry Period begins 2/19/2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on 2/20/2018. All times in these rules refer to Eastern Time.
To enter, visit WWW.WPTA21.COM to access, complete, and submit your entry form online. Plus visit ABC21 on Facebook and make your guess at the total rain fall we will receive between 2/19/2018 and midnight on 2/21/2018. To be valid, an entry must be received during the Giveaway Entry Period. Sponsor may not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable, or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries that are detected as such are void. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries and other entries requiring the identification of an e-mail address will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. An online entrant must have a valid e-mail address, and it is the entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address.
4. HOW TO WIN: Six winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor or its agent on 2/21/2018. The guess closest to the actual total will be entered into a random drawing for six ABC21 Umbrellas. The selected winners will be notified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, either by phone, email, and/or mail based on the contact information provided in the entry. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information. Winner must respond to such notification by contacting the Giveaway coordinator, as described in the notification, within 5 days after the notification is sent by Sponsor, or the winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner may be required to sign and return, prior to receipt of prize, appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsor any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the prize.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsor to use, publish, reproduce, and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, internet, television, radio, and offline), each winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
6. PRIZES: Six prizes will be offered during the Giveaway. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held to award the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. Each prize consists of one “Matt Said it Would” Umbrella with a total value of $20. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the prize descriptions above, including but not limited to, personal incidental items, transportation, parking, taxes, gratuities, and licenses, are the responsibility of the respective prize winner and guest(s), if any.
Prize must be picked up at the WPTA studios at 3401 Butler Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, during normal business hours on regular business days, no later than 5:00pm on 2/28/18. If not claimed by 5:30 p.m. on the designated day, prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected who must respond to the notification within 5 business days and claim the prize within 5 days of the response to the notification. To claim prize, winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable by winner. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by prize winner(s). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in the sole discretion of Sponsor if the prize, or any component thereof, is unavailable for any reason.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these official rules and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these official rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the winner’s receipt of the prize. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these official rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize, or if the selected winner fails to timely claim the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries (time permitting), or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her social security number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winner(s).