Skip to Content

Resident says water pipe burst caused bathroom to catch on fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ABC21) – Residents said a water pipe burst caused their bathroom to catch on fire.

Fire officials said they received a call around 9:34 P.M. on Thursday about the fire. Officials said a resident from the house called.

The house was located on Wall Street.

A family member said a water pipe burst near a heater inside a bathroom and caused the fire.

She said her aunt, two kids and a dog were inside the home at the time and everyone got out safely.

Fire officials said they put out the fire within 9 minutes after they arrived.

Family members said the woman, two kids and the dog did not have any known injuries.

A family member said she did not expect this would ever happen to her family especially in the freezing conditions.

 

Louie Tran

Louie Tran is the weekend anchor for Fort Wayne’s NBC at 6 and 11pm and a weekday general assignment reporter. To share story ideas, please email him at ltran@wpta21.com.

Skip to content