FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) –People wanting to get rid of expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs can do so Friday.
Several organizations are working together for a prescription drug take-back initiative Friday. Collection sites will be available across Allen County so people can get rid of expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs which will be properly disposed of without threat to the environment.
The drugs can be dropped off at the following locations between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Walgreen’s Drug Stores:
- 5830 N. Clinton St.
- 6202 W. Jefferson Blvd.
- 6730 Bluffton Rd.
- 330 W. State Blvd.
- 907 Lincoln Hwy W (New Haven)
- 10170 Maysville Rd.
- 1701 E. Paulding Rd.
- 5435 E. Dupont Rd.
- 10211Chestnut Plaza Drive (Chestnut Hills)
- 11932 Lima Rd.
- 10412 Coldwater Rd.
- 2410 N. Coliseum Blvd.
- 6201 Stellhorn Rd.
- 110 E. Creighton Ave.
- 7950 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Parkview Regional Medical Center:
- 11109 Parkview Plaza Dr.
Ongoing collection sites (pills only) at:
- Allen County Sheriff (Huntertown Town Hall)
- Fort Wayne Police (Rousseau Centre Building)
- New Haven Police (815 Lincoln Highway East)
- Walgreen’s Drug Stores:
- 6202 W. Jefferson Blvd. (Walgreen’s Location)
- 6201 Stellhorn Rd. (Walgreen’s Location)
- 10412 Coldwater Rd. (Walgreen’s Location)
The program is for pill medications. Needles, new or used, will not be accepted for disposal. The service is free and anonymous with no questions asked.