FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) – Despite high winds causing downed trees, traffic hazards and power outages, organizers say the Night of Lights lighting ceremonies is still a go, with a few adjustments.
The biggest tweak of the evening is the cancelation of the fireworks show at the conclusion of the lighting.
Organizers at Parkview Field will light up their video board with holiday lights instead at 8 p.m.
Earlier Wednesday morning, a strong wind gust knocked down the Broadway Plaza tree.
Here are the lighting & activities schedule adjustments:
- Aunt Millie’s will not have a tent in its parking lot this evening. Their event will be held indoors at the former Office Furniture showroom, 256 W. Main St., right across Webster Street from the usual tent location. They will light their building at 6 pm as scheduled, and will still serve hot cider and slices of Aunt Millie’s Raisin Swirl Bread.
- Although I&M Power Center will still be serving hot cocoa this evening, their Holiday Concert has been moved to Parkview Field. Check out the Renee Gonzalez Trio in the Parkview Field Suite Level Lounge from 6pm – 8pm.
- The Fireworks Show at Parkview Field has been canceled due to safety concerns surrounding today’s high winds but all fans at the ballpark will be treated to holiday-themed entertainment, with a video board holiday light show set for 8 pm.
Set for Wednesday, Nov. 27, you’ll be able to take part in several family-friendly lighting ceremonies as well as both indoor and outdoor holiday activities throughout the late afternoon and evening.
For a list of activities, click here.
Throughout Wednesday night, light displays, including the iconic Santa and his reindeer will be lit up at the PNC building on Main and Berry Street.
Here is the schedule for the lighting on Wednesday:
- 5:45 p.m. – History Center Turret Lighting (Barr Street)
- 5:55 p.m. – Christ Child Festival Nativity (Ross Building on Main Street)
- 6 p.m. – Aunt Millie’s Northern Lights (Pearl Street)
- 6:05 p.m. – Community Center’s Santa’s Workshop Display (Main Street)
- 6:20 p.m. – Santa and His Reindeer at PNC Bank (Main and Calhoun Streets)
- 6:40 p.m. – Ash Brokerage Holiday Illumination (Harrison & Berry Streets)
- 7 p.m. – Flagstar Bank Lighting of the Christmas Tree Display & Indiana Michigan Power Merry Christmas Wreath (I&M Power Center Plaza)
- 7:15 p.m. – Botanical Conservatory & Embassy Theatre Window Display (Jefferson Boulevard)
- 7:30 p.m. – Righing of the Bells (ACPL and Downtown Churches)
For a full list of activities, click here.