Skip to Content

Fire sparks in classroom at Huntington’s Horace Mann Elementary

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Firefighters are looking into the cause of a fire that broke out in a classroom Christmas Day.

Firefighters respond to a classroom fire at Horace Mann Elementary School in Huntington.

The flames sparked Wednesday morning at Horace Mann Elementary School on Waterworks Road.

Huntington Fire Chief Tony Johnson told our journalist on the scene that the flames were contained to one classroom. The sprinkler system activated and kept the fire from spreading. However, there is significant water and smoke damage to the classroom.

Due to the holiday break, there were no students or teachers in the building at the time.

Brien McElhatten

Brien McElhatten anchors the evening weekday newscasts at ABC21.

Skip to content