FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Firefighters are looking into the cause of a fire that broke out in a classroom Christmas Day.
The flames sparked Wednesday morning at Horace Mann Elementary School on Waterworks Road.
Huntington Fire Chief Tony Johnson told our journalist on the scene that the flames were contained to one classroom. The sprinkler system activated and kept the fire from spreading. However, there is significant water and smoke damage to the classroom.
Due to the holiday break, there were no students or teachers in the building at the time.