FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - The man who an Allen County jury acquitted in the murder of a popular coach is now accused of shooting into a home, hitting someone inside.
Henry Underwood, 25, is facing criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license charges after police say he shot into a home in the 3900 block of Monroe Street on Dec. 30, 2019.
Underwood appeared in court for an initial appearance Wednesday morning to face those charges.
According to court documents, a man inside the home told police his ex-girlfriend sent Underwood to his house to kill him.
The victim told officers he got into an argument with Underwood at the front door, but then shut it on him.
That's when the witness said he heard gunfire coming from outside, and he realized he had been hit.
The man suffered a small cut on his leg.
Detectives found four 9mm shell casings in front of the home as well as bullet holes on the house.
Later on, police spotted an SUV and conducted a traffic stop.
Inside the vehicle, police found Underwood with a 9 mm handgun underneath his seat.
In court on Wednesday, the judge granted him a public defender.
He is due in court for another hearing on Jan. 22.
Underwood was previously charged with murder, felony murder, robbery resulting in serious bodily injury, and using a firearm for the shooting death of Terrance Miles in May of 2017.
READ MORE: Jury finds Henry Underwood not guilty
An Allen County jury found him not guilty on all charges back in October 2019.