FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Lutheran Health Network will soon begin construction on a family medicine and a 24-hour fitness center on the city's north side.
The multimillion-dollar project will erect a 99,900 square-foot medically-integrated health and fitness center on the Dupont Hospital campus.
Optimum Performance Sports (OPS) and Fort Wayne Orthopedics will be the anchor tenants.
The two-story facility will have these amenities:
- · 24-hour adult fitness center open to the general public
- · Childcare for members
- · Technologically advanced strength and cardiovascular equipment
- · Four basketball courts
- · Indoor track
- · Group fitness training rooms
- · Athletic performance training center
- · Physical therapy/human performance lab
- · Teen lounge for OPS athletes
- · Restaurant with healthy food options
- · FWO offices
The facility is slated to open in early 2021.
“Our vision is to create a state-of-the-art facility and one-stop-shop for athletes and their families,” Dr. Jason Russell, executive director of OPS. said in a press release.
“This facility allows our sports medicine physicians to be in the same building as our physical therapists, strength and conditioning coaches and sports nutritionists. This creates an environment for better communication and ultimately better outcomes.
Twenty FWO providers will staff the new space, which will include an OrthoStat walk-in clinic as well.
OPS has other locations at the ASH Centre, 1701 Freeman Street and 6411 Cross Creek Blvd.
There's also a location in Warsaw.