FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Lenten season started Wednesday and during this time fish frys around town are popular to attend on Fridays since Catholics cannot eat meat on that day.
Here are some places that are hosting their own fish fry.
- February 27
- Saint Joeseph Decatur
- Saint Joeseph Hessen Cassel: Knights of Columbus Council 12379 will have a drive-through only fish fry at St. Joseph – Hessen Cassel on Friday, Feb. 28, from 4:30-7 p.m. There will be 450+ dinners available so make sure to stop by and get a meal for everyone. $9 per meal includes fish, potato wedges, coleslaw, applesauce and roll.
- Immaculate Conception Auburn
- March 6
- Queen of Angels: Queen of Angels Parish will host a Lenten fish fry on Friday, March 6, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. in the Msgr. Faber Activities Center, 1600 W. State Blvd. Tickets are $11 for adults, $5 for ages 6-10 and those 5 and under eat free. Food served will include fish, french fries, coleslaw, applesauce and dessert. Carry-out will be available.
- Saint Vincent de Paul: The St. Vincent de Paul Boy Scouts will have a fish fry on Friday, March 6, from 5-8 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 6-11.
- Our Lady of Good Hope: From 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., the fish fry will be held at the parish. $10/adult, $5/child, maximum $30/family. Carry-outs will be available.
- Saint Joseph Fort Wayne: Located at 2211 Brooklyn Ave., the fish fry will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. An adult meal/$10 (Fried fish w/ potato wedges, coleslaw, apple sauce, and dinner roll) and child meal/$6 (Fried fish w/ potato wedges or mac & cheese), children 5 and under are free. Drive-thru service is available off of Eby Street parking lot.
- March 13
- Saint Patrick Arcola: A fish fry will be held Friday, March 9, from 4-7 p.m. at St. Patrick, Arcola. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be available for children. Tickets are adults $10, Seniors 60 plus $9, children 5-10 $5 and children 4 and under free. Drive through and carry-out available.
- Saint Aloysius: A fish fry will be Friday, March 13, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. in the Activity Center, 14623 Bluffton Rd., at St. Aloysius Church. Meal includes fried fish, scalloped potatoes, coleslaw, roll, drink, and dessert. Cost is $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-11 and children 5 and under free.
- Saint Vincent de Paul: The St. Vincent de Paul Boy Scouts will have a fish fry on Friday, March 13, from 5-8 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 6-11.
- Saint John the Baptist: Mark your calendars for Friday, March 13th for our Annual Fish Fry featuring Dan’s Fish! Carry Out: $10.00 Dine In: Adults: $10.00 Children (6-12): $5.00 Children (2-5): $2.00. It starts at 4:30 p.m. and goes until 7:30 p.m.
- March 20
- Most Precious Blood: The fish fry will run from 4:00- 7:00 p.m. and will include all you can eat adult dinners for $11 and kid’s fish dinners for $6. Cheese pizza dinners will also be available, as well as, drive-thru service. The Big Eyed Fish will be providing our fish dinners again this year and the menu will include baked potatoes, applesauce, coleslaw, rolls, and homemade desserts.
- Saint Charles: St. Charles Parish, 4916 Trier Rd., will host a fish fry, Friday, March 20, from 4:30-7 p.m. Tickets are adults 13 and up – $10; children 5-12 $5; grilled cheese meal – $4; children under 5 – free. Carry-out – $10.
- March 27
- Saint Mary’s Huntington: A fish fry by Dan’s with homemade desserts, a 50/50 raffle, and bake sale will be Friday, March 27, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. at St. Mary gymnasium, 903 N. Jefferson St. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 6-12. Children under 5 are free.
- Saint Vincent de Paul: The St. Vincent de Paul Boy Scouts will have a fish fry on Friday, March 27, from 5-8 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 6-11.
- Fort Wayne Sports Club: The cost is $9.00 for adults and $4.00 for children ages 6-to-10. Children age 6 and under eat for free. The delectable dinner includes an ample amount of fish, baked or scalloped potato, coleslaw, applesauce with roll and butter and choice of dessert. The Fish fry starts at 4:30 p.m. and goes until 7:30 p.m.
- April 3
- Saint Therese
For more information on these fish frys you can visit Today's Catholic website.