WHITLEY COUNTY, Ind. (WPTA21) - Another county in northeast Indiana is reporting its first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus.
The Whitley County Health Department learned of a resident who tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials are working to find out any possible contacts with the others this individual may have had prior to being diagnosed.
The Health Department will not release any more details about the patient due to privacy laws.
On Thursday, the Indiana State Department of Health reported 645 positive patients.
The state reports 4,651 Hoosiers have been tested, up from 3,356 on Wednesday.
The Allen County Health Department reports 10 patients have tested positive for COVID-19, and the death toll remains the same at one death.
Northeast Indiana also has cases in Wells, Noble, Grant, DeKalb and Adams counties.
Because of a delay in private lab reporting to the state, the case count provided by the Indiana State Department of Health may not always immediately match Allen County’s case numbers.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts