FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - As more and more people are taking extra precautions to protect themselves against the novel coronavirus, it appears they're also creating more litter.
The Southtown Crossing Walmart parking lot is littered with gloves, masks and cleaning wipes.
ABC21 counted dozens of personal protective equipment on the concrete, in the grass, and in the landscaping around the property.
It appears folks are just tossing their PPE once they've finished up grocery shopping.
In Indiana, if you're caught littering, you can face hefty fines as well as court-ordered cleanup or community service.
Here is how the CDC recommends healthcare professionals put on and remove PPE:
Click here for more information on PPE guidelines from the CDC.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts