FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - The Fort Wayne TinCaps and Community Harvest Food Bank teamed up to distribute food to those in need Monday afternoon.
Many people are suffering from the economic impact of COVID-19 on our community.
That's why the TinCaps and Community Harvest decided to host two Farm Wagon distribution dates for those in need of food assistance.
Parkview Field Distribution Schedule:
- Monday, April 20, 1 p.m., Silver Parking Lot, Parkview Field
- Monday, April 27, 1 p.m., Silver Parking Lot, Parkview Field
Organizers said the distribution may extend for a third week if warranted.
The Farm Wagon at Parkview Field and all other Farm Wagon trucks are open to anyone in need with no ID required.
“Although the TinCaps are not currently playing games at Parkview Field, we want to continue our focus on impacting the community during these tough times,” said Mike Nutter, TinCaps President.
“We have been longtime partners with Community Harvest Food Bank and we are happy to be partnering with them again to get food to the families and folks in our region that need it the most.”
The food bank has operated the Farm Wagon program since 1999, and has recently made changes to the schedule to eliminate unnecessary personal contact by using a drive through system.
Anyone in need of food assistance can visit CHFB.org to see the schedule and find out more information.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts