FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - A popular downtown outdoor dining spot is open for the first time in 2020 -- and explaining what changes have been made to keep everyone safe.
The Deck at the Gas House had planned to open on Wednesday, but delayed until Thursday because of weather considerations.
In announcing the opening, the restaurant said the following rules would be in effect:
- Tables a max of 6 people... doesn't matter if you all live together and tabletops remain 6 feet apart.
- There is NO walk-up bar service or bar area mingling available right now.
- Waiting for tables will require both of us to be mindful of social distancing requirements... if we're lucky enough to be full and we're out of available waiting spaces, give us your phone number, take a walk through the park, and we'll text you when your table is ready.
- The Dave Tinsley Beer Garden is now the Dave Tinsley Waiting Area... we have spaces to sit and stand while you wait for a table, but please keep your group to six or fewer people and respect others' space.
- We have taken all reasonable precautions and additional steps to make sure we're following the rules as they have been presented to us, and we would appreciate your help by abiding by the state's mandates and getting on board with what will hopefully only be a temporary thing.
Managers said "with any luck" they may be able to return to more normal operations by July Fourth.