INDIANA (WPTA21) - More than 30,000 people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Indiana, and 1,791 Hoosiers have lost their lives to the virus.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported 493 new positive cases of COVID-19 and 27 additional deaths.
Those new positive cases and deaths were recorded between May 4 and May 21.
The Allen County Department of Health reports 1,182 residents in the county have tested positive for COVID-19. A total of 65 people in Allen County have died.
On Friday, county health officials reported 54 new positive cases of the virus.
Another 150 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 208,561 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 202,995 on Thursday.
Marion County had the most new cases, at 122. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (54), Delaware (10), Elkhart (61), Hamilton (12), Lake (42), Porter (33) and St. Joseph (16). A complete list of cases by county is posted at www.coronavirus.in.gov, which is updated daily at noon. Cases are listed by county of residence.
Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remain steady. As of today, nearly 38 percent of ICU beds and more than 81 percent of ventilators were available as of Friday.
Hoosiers who have symptoms of COVID-19 and those who have been exposed and need a test to return to work are encouraged to visit a state-sponsored testing site for free testing. Individuals without symptoms who are at high risk because they are over age 65, have diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure or another underlying condition, as well as those who are pregnant, live with a high-risk individual or are a member of a minority population that is at greater risk for severe illness, also are encouraged to get tested.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts