FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - A Fort Wayne long-term care facility is dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak that's left more than a dozen staff members ill and four residents dead.
Kingston Care Center of Fort Wayne on Washington Center Road reports 56 total cases of the novel coronavirus.
Of those positive cases, 16 can be attributed to staff members.
Just this week, the nursing home saw three deaths related to COVID-19.
The website says residents who have tested positive are being treated in their isolated respiratory unit, and staff members who tested positive are required to quarantine and pass a health test before going back to work.
The Allen County Health Department reports a total of 2,262 positive cases of COVID-19 and 91 deaths.
Zeroing in on the 46825 ZIP code, state data reports a total of 156 cases.
The nursing home said they will continue to test staff and residents.
According to Kingston Care Center's website, if your loved one is starting to show symptoms of COVID-19, they will contact you.
No outside visitors are allowed at the facility due to the pandemic.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts