INDIANA (WPTA21) - Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order Tuesday to extend the pause on evictions, foreclosures and the disconnection of utilities for Hoosiers amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The prohibition on evictions from rental properties and the prohibition on filing foreclosures are both extended through July 31.
Gov. Holcomb's office is encouraging renters and homeowners to make a payment plan with their landlords or lending institutions to avoid later evictions or foreclosures.
Hoosiers struggling to pay rent due to the impact of COVID-19 may be eligible for rental assistance.
Applications for the $25 million Indiana COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program will be accepted online beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 13 at IndianaHousingNow.org.
Utilities regulated by the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission must follow the order issued Monday by the commission prohibiting service disconnections through Aug. 14.
Under the executive order, non-regulated utility companies must also extend service until Aug. 14. Customers and utility companies are encouraged to establish payment plans now to avoid later discontinuations of service.
The executive order also extends the temporary licensing of the following health care workers who do not currently hold an active license to practice for an additional 30 days:
- medical professionals who retired or became inactive in the last five years
- medical professionals who hold licenses in other states
- certain medical students and graduates
You can read the executive order here.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts