INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Just days after public schools around Indiana reopened their doors, at least one student and one school staff member have tested positive for the virus.
In the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation, a student tested positive for the virus on the first day back to class.
Superintendent Harold Olin told The Associated Press that the student attended school for part of the day Thursday.
People who came into close contact with the student will have to quarantine before returning.
At Avon High School, a staff member tested positive.
However, the district says that person had not been at school this week.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts