INDIANA (WPTA21) - State health officials reported 1,302 new positive cases of COVID-19 and 17 additional deaths Wednesday.
The state's 7-day positivity rate for positive tests increased to 5 percent.
The new positive cases were reported to the state between Saturday and Tuesday, while the new deaths occurred between Oct. 1 and Oct. 6.
Statewide, Indiana now has a total of 128,227 confirmed infections and the death toll increased to 3,500.
In Allen County, local health officials reported 72 new cases of the virus.
To date, 1,440,917 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 1,432,219 on Tuesday. A total of 2,220,232 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26.
The Regenstrief Institute estimates nearly 99,802 Hoosiers recovered from the virus.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts