INDIANA (WPTA21) - State health officials reported another record-breaking high number of daily COVID-19 cases Thursday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported 1,488 new cases of the virus. All of the cases were recorded between Tuesday and Wednesday.
There were also 16 new deaths that happened between Sunday and Wednesday.
That brings Indiana's total number of confirmed infections to 129,677, and the death toll to 3,515.
In Allen County, local health officials reported 74 new cases of the virus, bringing the county total to 6,872 cases.
Statewide, the 7-day positivity rate increased from 5 percent on Wednesday to 5.1 percent on Thursday.
The state's positivity rate has been steadily increasing in the past few weeks.
To date, 1,451,391 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 1,440,917 on Wednesday. A total of 2,246,099 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26.
The Regenstrief Institute estimates 99,802 Hoosiers recovered from the virus.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts