INDIANA (WPTA21) - Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb and his staff will resume taking questions from reporters during his weekly COVID-19 briefing on Wednesday.
The governor paused the open briefing at the beginning of the month, but has been livestreaming weekly updates on his social media accounts.
Indiana’s COVID-19 hospitalizations and rates of new infections continued sharp increases in new statistics released as the governor faces a deadline on whether to extend the statewide face mask order.
Three weeks ago, the state transitioned to "stage 5" of Gov. Holcomb's reopening plan, which removed size limits on restaurants, bars, nightclubs, gyms, and other facilities.
The latest mask order is set to expire on Saturday.
ABC21 will air the briefing at 2:30 p.m. on our sister station MyTV 21.3. and on our website livestream.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts