INDIANA (WPTA21) - The Indiana State Department of Health says 1,629 more Hoosiers tested positive for COVID-19 and 19 others lost their lives to the virus.
The new positive cases were recorded between Oct. 14 and Oct. 17, while the new deaths occurred between Oct. 7 and Oct. 17.
In Allen County, local officials said 88 more residents tested positive for the virus.
The state's 7-day positivity rate for all tests increased from 5.9 percent to 6.2 percent Sunday.
Health officials said the recent trend in more COVID-19 hospitalizations should be concerning to Hoosiers, and recommended people continue to wash their hands, social distance and wear masks.
To date, 1,555,437 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 1,545,927 on Saturday. A total of 2,512,174 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26.
The Regenstrief Institute estimates 107,148 Hoosiers recovered from the virus.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts