WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Joe Biden’s meeting Thursday with a group of Democratic and Republican governors is his latest attempt to fight through President Donald Trump’s unprecedented attempt to block the president-elect’s transition to power.
Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris plan a virtual session in the afternoon with the National Governors Association’s leadership team, which includes five Republicans and four Democrats.
All the Democrats and a majority of the Republicans involved have acknowledged Biden as the winner of the White House election.
Trump has come out with a new round of false claims of voter fraud in key states, even as courts continue to reject his challenges.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts