The campaign to vanquish the coronavirus is picking up speed.
Britain has begun dispensing the second vaccine in its arsenal.
And India, the world’s second-most populous country, has authorized its first shots.
In the U.S., meanwhile, government officials say that the pace of vaccinations has accelerated markedly after a disappointingly slow start.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-disease expert, said over the weekend that 1.5 million shots were dispensed over 72 hours, bringing the running total to about 4 million.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts