INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana health officials have reported 7,344 new coronavirus infections and 81 additional COVID-19 deaths as the state continues to see expected increases in new cases and coronavirus-related hospitalizations following a holiday lull.
The Indiana State Department of Health reports that 2,812 Hoosiers were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Wednesday at Indiana’s hospitals.
Of those being treated, 593 people are in intensive care.
The newly confirmed deaths added by the state agency additionally raised Indiana’s toll to 8,823, including both confirmed and presumed infections.
The number of Indiana residents known to have had the coronavirus is now up to 546,499.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts