WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration is asking states to speed delivery of COVID-19 vaccines to people older than 65 and others at high risk by no longer holding back the second dose of the two-dose shots.
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar says the Trump administration is asking states to open up vaccines to everyone older than 65 and to get the vaccines to more people by not holding back the second vaccine dose.
States determine who gets the vaccines based on federal guidance. Azar said that “the administration in the states has been too narrowly focused.”
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts