INDIANAPOLIS (WPTA21) - The Indiana State Department of Health reports 3,188 new cases of COVID-19 and 50 additional deaths Saturday.
That brings the total number of Indiana residents now known to have had the novel coronavirus to 608,519.
The death toll increased to 9,317.
In Allen County, local health officials reported another 157 Allen County residents tested positive for COVID-19 bringing the total to 32,857 cases and an additional death, bringing that total 548 deaths Saturday.
To date, 2,890,956 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 2,879,896 on Friday. A total of 6,701,477 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26, 2020.
The Regenstrief Institute estimates 389,858 Hoosiers recovered from the virus.
Hoosiers age 70 and older, along with healthcare workers, long-term care residents and first responders, are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule, visit https://ourshot.in.gov or call 211. Additional locations and appointments are being added as more vaccine becomes available.
To date, nearly 419,000 Hoosiers have received the first dose of vaccine, and more than 94,000 are fully vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts