FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - A local woman who lived through the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 is now among the oldest Hoosiers to receive a COVID-19 vaccination.
Dorothy Rebman told ABC21 she had no reservations and was eager for the shot.
"I really didn't have any second thoughts about it," Rebman said.
In the past year, she's taken precautions to stay healthy, but was eager to receive a dose of protection.
"I've always believed in any kind of vaccination -- for my children or anybody," she said. "I always got a shot for all and I thought, when they have something like that, you should take advantage of it.
"There was nothing to it."
Rebman hopes sharing her experience encourages other seniors to sign up for vaccination.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts