FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - A business owner and a chemist were able to safely contain a chemical hazard and escape injury Monday afternoon.
Just after 2 p.m., employees of Leepoxy Plastics on Ferguson Road called 911 when they discovered a small vapor leak of boron trichloride. That's a chemical often used for refining metals.
Fire crews said a worker was changing a bottle of the chemical when the worker disconnected the hose.
Residual chemicals made a cloud of gas inside the room, and workers were able to contain the leak.
The only two people inside at the time were able to evacuate safely and call 911.