FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - Fort Wayne Community Schools’ five high schools will celebrate the Class of 2021 with proms and traditional commencement ceremonies.
Last year, graduates had to celebrate during the height of the pandemic with a drive-through parade and no in-person commencement at the Coliseum.
This year, FWCS says commencement ceremonies will take place on the dates previously scheduled at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Students will receive two or four tickets for guests, depending on the level of COVID-19 spread in the community at that time.
All attendees will be required to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth.
Graduations are scheduled for:
- South Side High School, Thursday, June 3, 7 p.m.
- Wayne High School, Friday, June 4, 7 p.m.
- North Side High School, Saturday, June 5, 10 a.m.
- Northrop High School, Saturday, June 5, 1:30 p.m.
- Snider High School, Saturday, June 5, 5 p.m.
FWCS also said Prom is making a return at all five schools from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, May 15.
The events will be limited to seniors and their guests and will be spread out through the school buildings to minimize crowds.
Masks will be required, and refreshments will be limited to pre-packaged and bottled items.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts