FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - As COVID-19 vaccine eligibility is blown open, millions of Hoosiers are signing up to get their shots.
There are plenty of options to get the vaccine, from state-run clinics, mass vaccination sites, and hospital networks to retail pharmacies.
If you'd like to schedule your first dose on the state's website, visit https://ourshot.in.gov. If you're having problems, you can also call 211 for help.
Because of the sheer amount of folks signing up for appointments, you may find you'll be booking your shot weeks out.
You may have better luck getting an earlier appointment by shopping around on retail pharmacy websites.
The Allen County Health Department is asking folks to take the extra step and cancel old appointments so those slots can be take up by others.
Anyone with an appointment scheduled at the Department’s vaccine site at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum can call 260-449-7722 and leave a voicemail with their full name, date of birth, phone number, and the date and time of the appointment they need to cancel.
“We recognize many folks are looking to get vaccinated as soon as possible, so they may schedule an appointment to hold a spot but are then able to get into another site faster,” said Mindy Waldron, department administrator. “We’ve heard that some just don’t know how to cancel a previously made appointment, so we want to make it as easy as possible for them to make a quick call so we can open that spot up for someone else.”
The department said they've seen more people not show up to their scheduled appointment in recent weeks.
Department staff are also able to assist with cancelling appointments made at other sites through the state’s Zotec registration system at ourshot.in.gov at the same number, or the public can call 211 for assistance.
Indiana residents ages 16 and older can roll up their sleeves to get vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts