SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California plans to lift most coronavirus restrictions on businesses and workplaces June 15.
State officials said Tuesday that allow for life to almost get back to a pre-pandemic normal.
The state's Health and Human Services secretary says California's mask mandate will remain in effect.
He says the nation's most populated state won't reopen more widely unless there's sufficient vaccine supply and hospitalization rates stay low.
The announcement comes as states across the country have lifted health restrictions as more people get vaccinated.
California had some of the nation’s strictest pandemic rules, becoming the first to institute a statewide stay-at-home order last spring.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts