INDIANAPOLIS (WPTA21) – Two of Indiana's top health officials are scheduled to give a live update on COVID-19 and the state's vaccination efforts.
State Health Commissioner Dr. Kris Box and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Lindsay Weaver are expected to speak at 2:30 p.m.
You can watch the live update on the ABC21 livestream page.
This week, state health officials said nearly one-third of Indiana residents ages 16 and older have now been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Indiana’s COVID-19 hospitalizations have also reached their highest level since mid-February following a weekslong general upward trend that began in late March.
Meanwhile, Indiana’s daily average of coronavirus-related deaths has remained below 10 since mid-March.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts