(AP) - Free beer, pot and doughnuts. Savings bonds. A chance to win an all-terrain vehicle.
Places around the U.S. are offering incentives to try to energize the nation’s slowing vaccination drive and get reluctant Americans to roll up their sleeves.
These relatively small corporate promotion efforts have been accompanied by more serious and far-reaching efforts by officials in cities such as Detroit, where they’re going door-to-door.
Public health officials say the efforts are crucial to reach people who haven’t been vaccinated yet — whether they’re hesitant or have had trouble making an appointment and getting to a vaccination site.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts