COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio's governor says nearly 2.8 million residents have registered for Ohio’s Vax-a-Million vaccination incentive prize ahead of Wednesday's drawing.
Gov. Mike DeWine says vaccinations have surged across demographic groups since he announced the incentive program.
The lottery provides five $1 million prizes to adults and five full-ride college scholarships to children.
Winners will be announced weekly at the end of the Ohio Lottery’s Cash Explosion TV show.
DeWine announced the incentive program May 12 as a way of building enthusiasm for the slowing COVID-19 vaccination effort.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts