ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (WPTA21) - Masks will soon be optional for visitors and employees at all Allen County-owned buildings next month.
The Allen County Board of Commissioners announced Tuesday the move to lift a face covering mandate for the Allen County courthouse, the Rousseau Center and other county-owned buildings on June 1.
While the courthouse is following the updated policy, the commissioners indicated there may be exceptions.
This announcement follows Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry's update that masks will become optional at all municipally-owned buildings on June 1.
It also follows a recent CDC mask guidance update for fully vaccinated people.
The commissioners said the increase in vaccinations and a reduction in COVID-19 cases were big factors in lifting the mask requirement.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts