FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) - A Fort Wayne assisted living center is once again seeing an influx in COVID-19 cases within its doors.
Kingston on Winchester Road reports seven residents and 10 staff have tested positive for the virus. A spokesperson said all are showing positive signs toward recovery.
“Despite all the precautions taken to defend against COVID and the Delta Variant, we are reminded each day that the virus still exists in our local communities and can impact families and businesses without warning," Adam Springgs, a representative for the facility said.
"After 18 months of 0 cases amongst residents at our facility, on July 13th we learned that this invisible virus made its way into Kingston Residence of Fort Wayne"
The company's website says visitors to all of the Fort Wayne facilities will be screened for COVID-19. They're limiting visitors to two people at a time, and visitors are asked to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
You can see the full list of COVID-19 precautions and regulations on the facility's website.
"We are grateful to our sister facility, Kingston Care Center of Fort Wayne for providing our residents excellent care while being treated in their dedicated RPU unit, and for lending additional staffing to our community.
We thank our local health partners, our families, our employees and our beloved residents for their patience and support.
Together, we are prepared and confident to meet any challenge with grace and teamwork.
We will continue to test for COVID at our facility, and we are relieved that no new cases have been reported since July 21st.
We encourage everyone in our local community to take all precautions possible to defend themselves and their loved ones from this active virus.”Adam Springgs
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts