FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) — Parkview Health officials announced Monday the reopening of its COVID-19 vaccine clinic to offer booster shots to those who meet CDC guidelines.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says currently, booster shots are only available to those who received a Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) COVID-19 shot.
Per CDC guidelines, the following should receive a booster shot at least six months after their initial Pfizer vaccine series:
- People 65 years and older.
- Residents in long-term care settings.
- People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk of severe COVID-19.
The CDC also recommends individuals in the below categories may receive a booster shot at least six months after their initial Pfizer vaccine series, based on their individual benefits and risks:
- People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk of severe COVID-19.
- People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting.
Parkview officials say a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine is available to moderately to severely immunocompromised people to improve their immune system’s response to their initial vaccine series.
The third dose should be administered at least 28 days following the first two doses of the vaccine.
The clinic, located at the Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation on 10622 Parkview Plaza Drive, will be open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Officials say appointments are strongly recommended and can be made by visiting ourshot.in.gov or calling 211. Walk-ins are accepted but will be subject to availability.
When registering for a booster shot, Parkview says individuals will be asked to attest they meet the guidelines for eligibility. It is also recommended that you bring your COVID-19 vaccination card to your appointment.
Initial COVID-19 vaccines will still be administered at the site for those who need them, officials say.
For further information on the clinic and vaccines, visit Parkview's website.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Check out or COVID-19 vaccine resource page here.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts