NEW HAVEN, Ind. (WPTA21) – Custom Quality Meats of New Haven announced on Wednesday that it was voluntarily recalling all of the company’s cooked and heat-treated meat products sold under the label names of “Custom Quality Meats” and “Willow Lake Farms” with the mark of state inspection.
Only products with the state inspection mark — an outline of Indiana with the words “IND. INSP & PASSED BOAH EST. 72” – are affected by this recall.
It applies to:
- All hot dog varieties: Hot Dogs, All Beef, Cheesy, Cheesy Taco
- All beef stick and beef stick bites varieties: Beef Stick, Chili, Honey, Jalapeno, Maple Bacon, Pepper, Salami, Salsa & Cheese, Teriyaki
- All summer sausage varieties: Beef, Ham & Swiss, Jalapeno Cheese, Spicy
- All bacon varieties: Regular, Apple Cinnamon Flavored, Bourbon, Chipotle Lime, Coffee Crusted, Pepper, Sweet Bell Pepper & Garlic, Uncured
- Canadian Style Bacon
- All bratwurst
- All hams
During a recent inspection, the company was unable to verify through record-keeping that adequate cooling was provided to ensure safety of the products during storage.
Products were know to be sold at the following Allen County locations:
- Custom Quality Meats, 2616 Ryan Road; New Haven, Ind.
- Custom Quality Meats, 3227 Carroll Road; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Teds Market; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Nolt’s Marketplace; Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Custom Quality Meats’ booth at the Fort Wayne farmer’s market.
Anyone who has purchased one of the included products should destroy it or return it to the place of purchase.