FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA 21) — As of early Friday morning, parts of Fort Wayne are under a precautionary boil advisory.
City officials say the Three Rivers Water Filtration Plant temporarily lost power Thursday night after a car crashed into a utility pole.
The plant’s pumping system continued to work correctly, but the system’s pressure did drop. Because of that, officials say they want to be cautious and issued the advisory.
According to city utilities, these sections of town should use bottled water or boil any water to be used for drinking:
• North Boundary: Washington Center Rd
• West Boundary: Hillegas Rd
• South Boundary: Spring Street: State Street: Hillegas to Sherman, Vance (extended): Sherman to Parnell
• East Boundary: Parnell Ave
• North Boundary: Pontiac St
• West Boundary: Fairfield Ave
• South Boundary: Paulding Rd
• East Boundary: Hessen Cassell
• North Boundary: Airport Expressway
• West Boundary: Smith Rd
• South Boundary: Ferguson Rd
• East Boundary: Airport Drive
They say the water is safe for bathing and other uses that don’t involve consumption.
Officials are collecting samples in the affected areas to make sure things are clear.
See the map to see if you’re in an affected area.